[3830] CQWW SSB K0VXU SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 21:06:03 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Kansas (04)
Operating Time (hrs): 28:30

  160:   21     5        9
   80:   49    14       28
   40:   79    18       39
   20:  182    28       80
   15:  209    28       75
   10:   93    13       31
------------------------------
Total:  633   106      262  Total Score = 604,992

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL-922A, TH6DXX, Sloping VEEs (40 & 60), Inv L (160), N1MM+

Part-time effort.  Many family interruptions.  Conditions were poor in the
middle country.  I could hear some of the Europeans on the low bands but could
not get through with my wires.  10 meters was open surprisingly which yielded
additional mults.  Altogether I worked 33 unique zones.  Never heard 17, 18,
22, 23, 26, 28, 34.  I did hear ET3AA in zone 37 bout he was available only to
the big dogs.

My low band antennas exhibited loading problems which I had not observed before
the contest so there is work to be done on them before winter hits.  This was
the first contest where I really worked out the Yaseu G2800 and it performed
flawlessly (Yea!).

A surpise was the opening to Eastern Europe on 15 at 2045Z on Sunday.  It
carried over to 20 meters and lasted until 2200Z.  Because of other commitments
I had missed the European opening Sunday morning, so this was a plus.

Things being equal, I can't complain about this effort.  Not my best but good
enough.

It was great hearing and working DXers in the contest that I work during the
year.  A fun time.

See you next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU