[3830] FlQP K2DM SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 30 19:16:49 EDT 2017

Florida QSO Party

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: K2DM

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: SUM

   40:  135     0
   20:   91     0
--------------------
Total:  226     0  CW Mults = 44  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 19,888

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This is the first time I really had an opportunity to play in the FQP.  With low
power and very modest antennas, it was not a runfest for me, but I was able to
generate about 20 QSOs per hour by staying in the chair and pushing the F1 key.
 Living in a deed restricted community makes it difficult to put up decent
antennas, but I was able to keep a 40M inverted vee at 28 feet up for the whole
weekend without any complaints (yet).  For 20M I used my SteppIR SmallIR
vertical.

I haven't operated a CW contest seriously since K2PS and I did the WPX contest
from Montserrat in 2015, so this weekend provided a great opportunity for me to
reacquaint myself with the function keys.  That's a good thing because I am
going to operate the WPX contest at the end of May back in Montserrat.

Many thanks to all the stations who called in, and kudos to those hardworking
members of the FCG who make this such a great event!

73,
K2DM / SUMTER COUNTY