[3830] ARRL 160 KU8E Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 11:00:21 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:21

Total:  QSOs = 781  Sections = 77  Countries = 26  Total Score = 169,847

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100 / KPA500 amp and inverted L antenna with 8 elevated radials ~ 600 watts
output

What a fun time during the time I was on. Some nice rate on Friday but slowed
down quite a bit on Saturday night. Took some off time during some prime hours
on Friday night to take my wife to dinner and Saturday to watch the Ohio State
- Wisconsin football game. Might have done even better and made it to 1000 QSOs
if I was operating during those hours.

Good conditions to EU on Friday night. Not as good on Saturday. I actually had
some EU stations answer my CQ's which is rare for me. Set alarm to get up
around 7:30 AM Sunday morning after a couple hour nap to see if I could snag a
KL7 or KH6 at sunrise. Just my luck when I turned on the radio there was KL7SB
on the frequency I was on when I had turned off the radio. Worked Steve and
started tuning low in the band to see if I could hear any JA stations. JA3YBK
was very loud and called him and got thru. My first JA from my home station
since I moved to Georgia in 2003. Heard one other JA call someone but didn't
hear any others CQing in the JA window.

Wishing all my contesting friends a happy holiday season...

Jeff KU8E