[3830] ARRL 160 W2IRT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 12:59:27 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NNJ

Total:  QSOs = 602  Sections = 89  Countries = 10  Total Score = 113,030

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Not sure of the sections/countries breakdown since N1MM doesn't report it, but I
figure somewhere around 10, including VE and K.

Everything worked well for once. Both RX and TX antennas behaved as they
should, as did the old computer and interface devices. In retrospect I probably
didn't need to go assisted since 90% of my Qs were running. I think the cluster
only got me about a half-dozen mults, if that. I didn't use Skimmer or any
other fancy tech.

Over the last few years, this contest has become my favourite of the entire
season, followed by the CQ 160 CW contest. I'm not really a good runner in CW,
but this one I can do a pretty decent job running, especially with the filters
available in the K3s.