[3830] ARRL 160 W3DAD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 12:57:52 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3DAD
Operator(s): W3DAD
Station: W3DAD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 378  Sections = 65  Countries = 4  Total Score = 49,920

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3, 400W to 80M inverted vee with tails to resonate on160. About 50KHz BW
between SWR=2 points.  Receiving antenna a Loop-on-Ground, 20 feet on a side
and fed to sub receiver.  Seemed to help some on a few weak signals.  Generally
thought band was in good condx, with most of the East coast coming in very loud.
 Not much heard from the West coast, and when they were heard, couldn't work
them as they couldn't hear me or couldn't break the pileup.  Only a few West
sections in log.  Fun times. Thanks for the QSOs and patience when I would fat
finger the log entry.  Kevin/W3DAD