[3830] MnQP ND0C Multi-Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 10:45:22 EST 2017

Minnesota QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): KYLEE
Station: ND0C

Class: Multi-Op QRP
QTH: Nobles
Operating Time (hrs): 3:40

  160:
   80:               17
   40:                6
   20:               40
-------------------------
Total:      0        63  Mults = 35  Total Score = 4,410

My nine year old daughter, Kylee, who is not yet licensed, told me about a month
ago, that she was looking forwarded to operating in the MNQP this year, as she
had done a couple years ago.  So I abandoned my plans of making a serious run
at the QRP title so she could operate.

It was only a part-time operation, after all a nine year old has a lot going
on!  For example, she took a break to go play with her Barbies!  Barbies have
never been a challenge to my BIC time!  But she had fun and so did I.  She was
bummed when the contest ended so I reminded her that if she had gotten on the
air when the contest started, she would have had much longer to operate!  (But
her cat was commanding her attention early in the morning!)

Kylee made all the contacts while I logged and served as the control operator.
She really did a good job and the fact that we were only running 5 watts didn't
seem to be a big issue, except a couple times we were not able to hold a
frequency.

Since there were two of us, I'm entering this as a multi-op - I think that's
the only right way to do it!