[3830] NA Sprint CW KE3X(@N4RV) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 10:51:58 EST 2017

NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oakton VA

   80:   69       2
   40:   78       1
   20:   40       1
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 2

Comments:

Special thanks to Jack N4RV for hosting again - the station worked great and we
had some good laughs.

As a QRP entrant those conditions were a Stink Sandwich with Extra Stink Sauce.
 All 3 bands went long too early.   Heard and missed 6 mults, and lots of
regulars were missing.

N3BB gets the award for best method of saying 'Hey - I don't have your number
yet!'   Jim sent a long string of dits and it got my attention through 2 other
stations calling, and allowed us to complete our QSO.   That's way better than
'NR?' which tends to get covered up, especially in marginal conditions.

My apologies to K8MR - I forgot to read Rule 10(b) which says "Now that DC
is a Mult, KE3X must activate his home station".  NN3W did a guest-op here
for NAQP CW but I forgot to line one up yesterday.

Hoping for better conditions and more players in September.   73,

Ken