[3830] PACC PJ4DX SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 09:27:12 EST 2017

Dutch PACC Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0       1      1
   80:   0      26      9
   40:   0      21     11
   20:   0      54     11
   15:   0      25      9
   10:   0       0      0
---------------------------
Total:   0     127     41  Total Score = 5,207

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

You know you're heading towards solar minimum when you work more EU on 80m than
on 15m from the Caribbean! For the second year in a row the only station I
heard on 160m (SSB) was PA1NHZ, but much weaker this year than in 2016. I'm not
sure he copied my serial number OK, but I logged the QSO anyway. Some big
signals on 80m, though. Activity levels from the Netherlands seemed to be good,
we just need better propagation.

Rig: FTdx5000, Acom 1500 at 1kW to Spiderbeam at 9m high, 40m quarter-wave
vertical with elevated radials, 80m quarter-wave vertical with ground radials,
160m inverted-L at 22m. No separate RX antenna.