[3830] ARRLDX CW W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 13:36:48 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Woburn -- EMA

  160:    0     0
   10:   10     9
-------------------
Total:  428   204  Total Score = 261,936

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My third time in this contest -- my goal was 25% better than last year's 193K,
which I surpased (Yea!)

Rig: TS-2000
Antennas
	80/40	Modified Alpha Delta DX-CC at 7m
	20	HB Moxon @ 12m
	15	Rotatable Dipole @ 11m
	10	HB 5el yagi @ 10m
Logger: N3FJP's ARRL International DX Contest Log Version 4.4

10M -- Not much there and all to the south.
15M -- More Qs, fewer mults than last year.  The dipole works surprisingly
well.
20M -- The workhorse band as usual for low sunspots.
40M -- More Qs and mults than last year -- but very crowded.
80M -- About the same as last year, antenna is very sub-optimal.  One more
country for DXCC.
160M -- no antenna, and jealous!

Biggest disapointment -- hearing XV1 and not breaking the pileup.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ