[3830] ARRLDX CW K8LY SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 13:37:38 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8LY
Operator(s): K8LY
Station: K8LY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WARREN,OH
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  532   236  Total Score = 376,656

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Wasn't terrific effort and discovered I can't do 24 hours anymore, but took
advantage of hours I could.  Tried to work as much 80 as possible, which worked
out ok.  10 for me was pretty much of a letdown as I had great plans to make
that my money band, although for others it was probably  really good.  But you
can't work what you can't hear!  Think it was those really dark clouds hanging
over Howland Township!!!!!  All in all, it was great time, heard lots of old
calls and several of the NCC..... Few issues with the N1MM+ but luckily found
the fix.   Still would give anything, well almost anything, for 80/40 rotatable
dipole but don't believe there is enough real estate on my tower?

Jon K8LY