[3830] ARRLDX CW W0ETT SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 14:16:55 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: co

Total:  556   247  Total Score = 411,996

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Band condx were pretty good for this test.  Low bands were decent for my LP:
Friday evening worked several stations in EU at their SR on 80m.  Again on 80m,
I had a good Saturday AM opening to Pacific KH6, ZL and to quite a few JAs, BG,
RT0 - most with S9+ signals;  weakest contact was with Dr. Masa JH4UYB who was
running 5 watts!  Moved up to 40m, and had good sigs again from ZL, VK, E51,
A31, VP6, and many JA's, HL, YB, DU.  Sunday morning had a repeat on 40m but
this time included    9M6, YE, VK, ZL, XV.  Heard E2X but he must have had QRN
as he was not hearing a mini pileup of US stations calling him.  - Higher up,
it was nice to have 10m open and many Caribbean and SA stations worked.

Special thanks to all the DXpeditions - there were a bunch of 100w Caribbean
expedition guys who were loud on 10m to 40m!, and DX home stations who were
active in the contest!  Thanks for being there!

73 Ken, W0ETT
Parker, CO
Rig:  IC756pro3 to HF yagis and verticals