[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W5ZN Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 23:00:46 EST 2017

ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: W5ZN
Operator(s): W5ZN
Station: W5ZN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Arkansas

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  356   177  Total Score = 85,137

Very warm weather this week gave birth to severe thunderstorms and tornadoes in
Arkansas that impacted Saturday evening operations. Rovers were great in
working around the storms and all had great signals. No equipment issues at the
W5ZN station this contest. Had a new local Rover crew out and about of AF5WN and
KK5WA. Mason and Darin assembled the Rover station on their own and did an
absolutely fabulous job in addition to selecting their own Rover sites and
operating at each location. I look forward to having them "on the
road" in future contests. Also thanks to my local club, the North Central
Arkansas Amateur Radio Service for drumming up the locals to give out some
QSO's on FM.