[3830] TBDC K4XL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 23:45:04 EST 2017

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM07
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 288  Total Score = 1,266

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Despite lots of QRN Sat evening, I still managed some good runs into Europe.  I
had lots of interruptions, so BIC time was not as great as planned.  The DX
window seems to be forgotten although I did manage to pick up a few Caribbeans
in the window.  Most of the Europeans were lower in the band and some had
fantastically loud signals.  As usual QSB and QRN frequently made copying the
grid number difficult, but good old 160 mx perseverance usually won out.  Heard
and worked lots of PVRC folks.  This is my first Stew, and I found it to be a
little challenging and a bunch of fun.  Tnx for the Qs everyone.