[3830] CQ160 CW VE4EA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 23:46:58 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Winnipeg
Operating Time (hrs): 5.1
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 311  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 6  Total Score = 86,435

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Wow, what a rush.  Anywhere I went on the band, I was "mobbed".

I operated the CQ160M the 2nd day only as a remote from our QTH in Southern
California back to my home station in Manitoba.

Apparently, there were no VE4's active on the first night.
The remote almost didn't happen thanks to a failed WIN10 version update on my
travelling laptop the week before departure.  Many thanks to my
genies-in-a-bottle W1VE and VE4JBB who spent many hours working on it
(remotely).

Everything worked well, as it should, except for internet connectivity which is
both slow and jittery from our condo.  I experienced many drop-outs.

I apologize if I wasn't able to get your call or complete the Q.  Several
times,  I had to QRT to let the internet settle down.  In fact, I would
appreciate hearing from anyone with signal reports or how I sounded via remote.

73, Cary  VE4EA

K3,KPA500 (450W)
Modified, Zig-Zag "C" antenna
K3/0 and Microbit RemoteRig.