[3830] IARU NP4Z Headquarters HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 10 23:34:45 EDT 2017

IARU HF World Championship

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): AD4Z NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: kp4

  160:
   80:   285           32      17
   40:   802   213     43      27
   20:  1094   595     43      27
   15:   367    60     30      23
   10:    25     4      4       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  2573   872    146      97  Total Score = 3,016,359

Club: Team Zulu for WRTC

Comments:

In preparation for WRTC, TL Julio AD4Z accepted my invitation to come down and
operate the radio sport from my QTH. Just coming back from Field day we had
enought
tent operation, so we needed some rates that would be similar to what we would
get in germany 2018, So we decided to run m2 and send in a check log. The only
way to achieve close to that from the caribbean so far from europe, was to
operate HP and focus on making rate decisions and moving mults. Turns out that
very few mults moved but we had some decent rates, while getting the kick of
calling stations and searching for the HQ's.

Very surpised with the summer propagation, I felt like there was a jump in
conditions overnight, with beautiful 20 meters and 40 meters being productive,
even 80 was good.

I think we achieved the goal to have fun and get the feel for next year.  Was
surprised to hear DM2M and DR8A with good signals in all bands, hope that all
the teams that practiced in europe this weekend also got the chance to warm up
and have fun.

Thanks to Julio for coming down and sharing the contest with me and Thanks to
all for QSO's and cu on the bands!

73's

Felipe

PD:
on the HQ class is where only made sense to send the score :)