[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 9 21:10:53 EST 2017

NCCC RTTY Sprint - Mar 10

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): :15

   40:   1     1
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I rarely give up or rant, but tonight was ridiculous.
Nothing heard on 15m.
On 20m I saw one super-weak signal, probably K6MR.
In WA the sun hasn't set yet, but plenty of signals on 40m. Unfortunately
I could only work ONE by the fifteen minute mark.  The loud guys were
busy working each other as dupes, over and over. The weak guys
sometimes would hear me but then the QSO would be STOLEN by one
of the loud guys working another dupe. Then the loud guy doesn't hear me,
because he's just answering another loud DUPE again.

I hope you guys have fun, but it's not good practice, it doesn't build skills,

you never improve your listening ability, and you miss lots of QSOs (and
maybe Mults) because you don't listen. Good luck in the weekend NA Sprint.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO)

15m, 20m: Force12 C31XR at 72 ft
40m: Force12 2 Element Yagi at 78 ft
80m: 4-square array