[3830] WPX CW KV4FZ SOSB160 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 16:18:12 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: SOSB160 LP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands

On 160 it was very brutal with Tropical QRN and poor conditions for this
contest.  I was able to null out some of the QRN with my DXE NCC-1.  But that
only helped in the NE and East directions as the storms were toward the NW and
SE.  It was more fun playing with the null on various Beverages.  There the BC
band stations were a real help.  Not much activity however. I would aimlessly
call stations and never got back a "?" or a QRZ?  Longest time
calling CQ with out a reply was about 2 hours. Not a good Q rate for a contest
for sure! I stayed basically on one frequency in hopes someone would spot me.