[3830] SS CW NO5W(@W5GAD) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 19:31:29 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, 3el Steppir @55ft, Windom @55ft, CQ/X 1.8.0.14

This was a serious part-time effort if that makes any sense. At 75 I still love
the SS CW and I go all out during the part-time effort but the body just can not
tolerate the full 24 hours. This year I got behind by about 60 Qs during the
Saturday operation and spent Sunday trying to catch up. It took me a couple of
more hours this year than last to reach my goal of 100K due primarily to having
little success on 40/80 on Saturday night and missing 6 mults this year (NT, PR,
VI, NNY, WY, MS). The first three or four are not surprising but WY and MS are
usually not that difficult and were the real disappointments.

Thanks for the Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W