[3830] CQWW CW N1LN SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 17:21:47 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NC

  160:   34     9       19
   80:  113    14       51
   40:  300    24       77
   20:  350    24       87
   15:  400    13       50
   10:   11     4        5

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What started out as a M2 entry turned into a SOAB A casual effort.  This weekend
never fails to disappoint from the availability of our regular team members,
including MYSELF!  There were 3 Duke basketball games, 1 Duke football game and
other numerous family related items that took up my time and resulted in the
part time casual effort.

That being said, both 15 and 20 meters made Saturday and Sunday mornings fun.
I got on both days around 1200 UTC starting on 15 meters and enjoyed being
there for the EU opening.  Today I had several burst rates approaching 300 per
hour. The band was so quiet I was able to pull out stations that would not
normally even be heard.  Excellent!  With a late move to 20 I was also pleased
and surprised both days to find run frequencies on 20.  Wow, was that band
busy. Today was much better as I found the opening at the lower end of the
band.

Thanks to all that participated and gave me the Qs.  Based on the excellent
conditions I am expecting to see some fantastic scores.

Hope to work you next weekend in the ARRL 160 CW. Yes, we have a team for
that.

73,
Bruce N1LN