[3830] CQWW CW EA8/LZ1ABC SOSB/20Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 17:21:57 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EA8/LZ1ABC
Operator(s): LZ1ABC
Station: EA8/LZ1ABC

Class: SOSB/20Classic LP
QTH: Tenerife

Portable operation from Tenerife - Charco Los Chochos (20m from the ocean).
You can see a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKAcgcHCE-o
Equipment was ts590 (70w) plus inverted V antenna 12m from the ground. Power
was from the car.
First day 500qsos and the weather was not so nice - cloudy with some occasional
rain.
Second day 400qsos and the wx was great - 26C, sunny and nice. Wife and me were
able to get some tan.
80% of the time was spent CQ-ing. Was surprised how many state side stations
were calling me including zone 3.
Thanks to ED8X for the 12m mast that they gave me - I am sure it made the
difference.

73's and thanks for all the QSOs
de Chav/lz1abc