[3830] CQWW CW KG4IGC SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 13:40:09 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   13    28        8
   80:   21    49       17
   40:   97    15       46
   20:   47    14       31
   15:   47    14       35
   10:    5     2        3

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Did an all S&P effort for this contest, plenty of DX stations to work. Still
having trouble copying CW at high speeds so this was the way to go for me. 40
meters was my band for DX this weekend. Worked lots of EU and Middle East on 40
Friday night. Saturday was pretty much a bust for me, I think I got a touch of
the flu. Worked a few hours here and there but just was not feeling too hot.
Did get quite a few Q's from South America and the Caribbean on 15 & 20.
Worked about 10 Hawaiian stations between the two bands, heard JA's on 20 but
was not able to work  them.  Tried to make up for my down time on Sunday, it
was tough though trying to work the pileups. Started applying my "move
along rule"...If they don't answer after the third or fourth try, don't
sit there, move to the next guy. Once I started doing that, my score started
getting better. Didn't hear any Swamp Foxes due to band conditions, but did get
to watch Kevan N4XL as he rocketed up the contesting.com scoreboard. I was
pretty fascinated at how quickly his score kept getting higher, what a
fantastic CW op! Hopefully by this time next year my CW skills will be much
better, going to take lots more practice. Thanks goes out to everyone who
pulled me out of the pileups!

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR:100
ANT: Horizontal Loop, Hex Beam, Inverted L