[3830] CQWW CW A44A M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 13:40:19 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: A44A
Operator(s): A41JZ A45TT N6AA W6XD VU2CDP VU2PTT
Station: A44A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: LL93eo

  160:  562    16       63
   80: 1112    29       94
   40: 2287    39      141
   20: 2253    36      122
   15: 2034    33      130
   10:  265    23       38

Club: 50% SCCC, 50% VU Contest Group

Comments:

Solid long-term backing of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said A41AA and his top
management team of ROARS including Abdi A41JT and Abdalla A41KB with their
organization team members have made this a fantastic club and contest station.

Kudos and hats off to the terrific work done by ROARS dedicated team to keep
this station going in top form. Special mention must be made of the team
including Events Coordinator Essa A41NW, A41KQ Ali, A41PK Fahad, A41PG Ameen
and A45VU Prince.

Continuing with the great start in 2016, the A44A station enabled a good team
to better last year's effort. Couple of great efforts in this year's RTTY and
SSB legs ensured all the small glitches were ironed out and the station worked
perfectly at all the 5 positons.

The low bands were great from this location while the higher bands were bad -
especially 15m which is usually our money band in this part of the band while
10m was practically dead. N6AA did great work at the high rate stations and
W6XD was the 20m expert. The rest of the team all chipped in with great
efforts, especially local op Mohib A41JZ who opened up the 160m effort that
broke our last years score on 160 in just the first 3 hours.

This station with the contest call A44A is continuing to create many a
"Storm in the Desert" in the contesting world!

Station:

5 operating positions, 4 main and 1 backup station

Station Equipment:

4 x Kenwood TS-990 +1 x FT-920 backup
2 x Acom 2000 Amp + 2 x SPE-2K Amp + 1 x Quadra VL-1000
8 Ant x 4 Radios Switching matrix from MicroHam
High Power filters for all bands + stubs

Tx Antennas:

160m - Toploaded vertical
80m - 2 element phased verticals
40m, 20m - Dual-bander 2el 40m, 4el 20m @ 20 metres up
20,15,10m - Tri-bander 3el 20m, 4el 15m, 5el 10m @ 20 metres up

Rx Antenna:

160, 80m - Remote tuned loop
80, 40m - Remote tune loop
160, 80, 40m - K9AY direction switchable Rx antenna

A44A expects to make much more noise and QSOs in future contests - look out
for them in 160m contests during this season. Thanks to all who stations who
called in. Pileups were huge and if we did not hear some of you, we hope we
make the QSO next time.

73 and see you all down the contest logs.

Team A44A