[3830] CQWW CW LN8W(@LA8W) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 29 05:46:07 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA3BO LA5KO LA5UF LA6YEA LA7THA LA9VDA LA0CX LB1G LB1GB LB8CG LB8IB
Station: LA8W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Rakkestad

  160: 1198    15       66
   80: 1777    25       99
   40: 2295    37      125
   20: 1734    34      119
   15:  724    31      110
   10:   81     7       32

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, thanks to all of you responding to our calls !
Thank you for a lot of QSOs and a lot of nice mults.

Wow, this was fun !
Not so much because of the conditions or the result, but rather because we
achieved the biggest ever Multi-Multi operation from Norway.
We could gather most of the experienced operators from LA3Z/LN3Z and LA9Z/LN9Z
in addition to the established operators from LA8W/LN8W and a couple of
newcomers at our place.
What a team !!!
Thank you so much for joining !!!

And what an effort prior to the contest to put up new antennas despite snow,
ice rain and wind !
Most important was an additional RX 4-Square for 80m in addition to the one we
got prior to the SSB leg.  Tt sure worked well on 80m as well.
And some of the guys quickly erected a quarter wave vertical for 40m just as
dusk appeared on Friday.  This also showed important for us.
Thank you so much for the hard work !!!

So this was first time ever in Norway to have a station with 6 individual
monoband setups.
The rigs are not too bad, equipment collected from old LA8W/LN8W and LA9Z/LN9Z
as well as a few new Acquisitions, mostly Elecraft K3S and K3's but also one
Orion-II. Linears are still several brands, mostly manual tune, but also a
couple auto tune linears. Not so much problems with manual tume linears when we
have monoband setups, but still, we look forward to when we can operate with all
stations equal.

The team was just tremendous, extremely good CW operators with a lot of
experience in contesting.  This was really, really fun !
And it's just the start...

Looking forward to the next big contest

73 de
Roy / LA5KO