[3830] CQWW SSB N4PSE SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 29 22:16:04 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4PSE
Operator(s): N4PSE
Station: N4PSE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NC

  160:   13     6        7
   80:   60     9       34
   40:  117    18       57
   20:  207    23       82
   15:  228    23       86
   10:   38     9       19

First time contesting from our vacation home in NC mountains. All wire
antennas:

160M 1/4 wave Inv L- top at 45 ft; fed against 2 elevated radials
80M OCF dipole @ 50ft - used 80,40,20 & 10M
20M Half Square at 40 ft.- aimed at Europe- this one is a "keeper"
15 M vertical dipole; bottom is 15 feet off ground; hung from a tree!
All of these are hidden in the woods adjoining our home.

Rig: FTDX 3000, AL 80B amp- run at approx. 600W; N3FJP software

Goal was to have fun and try to work DXCC in a weekend - I did- 101 countries.

Overall I was pleased with my results given no beam- lousy operator and all
S&P; next summer I will add more half squares for 40, 15 and 10! They seem
to work well and are easy to install if you have lots of trees.