[3830] ARRLDX CW K0VXU SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 19:19:33 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 17:36

  160:   11     8
   10:   16     9
-------------------
Total:  537   233  Total Score = 375,363

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, TH6DXX, Sloping Vees (40 & 80),Inverted L (160), N1MM+

All S&P.  Only part-time.

Sure miss the activity on 10 and 15 meters.  Conditions on those bands here not
very good. 20 was, well, 20.

Low bands on first night were very good.  Even with my lousy antennas I was able
to make Qs through the QRM.  The second night conditons were not as good.

Glad to see other KCCCers in this test.  Even Alex, KU1CW, showed up as E7/KU1CW
from Europe.  Must be a hard job, but somebody has to do it, eh Alex.

I'm still chasing noise on the low bands, 10 dB over s9 on 160, S9 on 80, and S7
on 40 meters.  Makes it kind of tough to pull weak ones out.  I did manage a few
Caribbean stations on 160.  Getting too old to stay up all night for the sunrise
on 160.  From what I have been told there were good openings to Asia on 160.  Oh
well.

There is always next year.  Thanks to those who pulled my weak signal out of the
noise.  As always, great fun.

73,
Russ - K0VXU