[3830] CQWW VHF N7MZW SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 22 19:24:56 EDT 2018

OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave. Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1 at gmail.com
SOAPBOX: First time effort in this event using a Icom IC-706MK-IIG with 80 watts
output,a Heil Pro Micro Headset with VOX,and a home brewed 2 element cubical
quad up 30 feet. A Diamond X-200 vertical was used to contact two local Ops on 2
Meter SSB.Lots of fun with 39 new grids to add to my count since making my first
6 Meter SSB contact in June of this year.Mexico and Canada were my only DX
stations worked. I had a few productive runs,and have noticed that pile up
dicipline on Six Meters is a lot more challenging compared to HF contesting. I
had to shut down my station three different times due to nearby
thunderstorms.Our annual Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo is in full swing two
blocks North of my station, so I noticed some strange interference sources from
Ferris Wheel LED lights?, night concert lighting and generator qrn?, and who
knows what else from a 20,000 seat,S.R.O. auditorium so near by. None of this
noise was present on six meter SSB last week!. This CQ WW VHF contest, the ARRL
VHF Contest and the last S.M.I.R.K. Contest were my first three VHF Contests,so
I would have to say that I am hooked on the "Magic Band". Thanks to
all that worked me. 73, November Seven Many Zebras Walking.
END-OF-LOG: