[3830] ARRLDX SSB W0AIH M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 22:13:18 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): W0AIH M5FUN NR0T OA4ABC W0ZF W0UC AE0EE K9MU KB9AZZ N0MK N9ISN K0TG N0KD KC9W
Station: W0AIH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WI

   20: 1013   105
Total: 1606   324  Total Score = 1,446,336

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was a tough weekend.  Not much cooperation from Ol Sol.  Although things
did pop a little bit Sunday early afternoon.

So with the sun punishing us on the high bands, we had the winds and S9+ noise
with that on the low bands.

10 meters was really tough.  Saturday AM there were only 4 QSO's in the log.
That is not for lack of trying.  We had someone CQing and tuning all day.

Then we had K9MU pounding away on 15 most of Sunday (and I think Saturday too).
168 QSO's is all that band would produce.

So there are the excuses.  :)  Some fun was had by the ops.  Oh, we had a pretty
big crew this year too.  Good to see things well staffed.

Bill, AE0EE sent this note after the contest:

    One highlight of my contest experience came while running on 40M
    Saturday night local, when an H4 called in with a rare and
    much-appreciated multiplier.

I was on 20 at the end and my moment was putting a mult in the log seconds
before the end.

Thanks as always to Paul and Mary for their hospitality and the great place to
operate from.  Even when conditions are poor.

For more info on "the farm" look at: http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG