[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 2 22:55:02 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z May 2

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: KAL-HAVEN STATE PARK
Operating Time (hrs): 0:30

Total:  13  Mults = 13  Total Score = 169

Club: MICHIGAN QRP CLUB

Comments:

Set up Just south of Alamo, Michigan, an unincorporated community which also has
the Alamo Township HQ, and the Fire Department at a small staging area for the
Kal-Haven Trail State Park.  This was the closest spot to home, and provided a
nice place, except for one thing.  There was a high tension electrical line
immediately adjacent, and RFI noise level on 40 meters, my favorite band, was S6
to S8, making contacts a bit scarce.  Since the trail covers 20 or so miles in
Kalamzoo county, I'll be scouting other crossings of other roads in the future
to find a place with much lower RFI.

Yes, I could have continued for another 30 minutes, but the noise was maddening!
 Sorry if I disappointed anyone.