[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 10 04:24:19 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 10

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: KAL HAVEN TRAIL SP
Operating Time (hrs): 0:45

Total:  19  Mults = 19  Total Score = 361

Club: MICHIGAN QRP CLUB

Comments:

Great location along the Kal Haven Trail.  Low (S1 or 2 max) RFI, no power lines
within 500 meters.  Weather was a bit iffy, so stayed inside my car for
operating, but drizzle stopped shortly after arrival so didn't have to dance
amongst the raindrops which were falling during the trip to the site.

Worked three Europeans prior to the CWT on 20 meters!  Wow!  I've worked Europe
in the past on 20, but not during the current (lack of) sunspots!

For the CWT, 40 meters was the "mother lode" band.  20 meters never
cleared out enoough to give me much of a chance at beating the big guns, so
stayed mainly on 40.  The crowning jewel was to squeak through to N3JT CWOp #1
on 40 meters late. Was so elated I gave up and tried 30 meters for a few minutes
before shutting down.

Thanks to all who heard my signal.