[3830] WPX CW N8II SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 30 22:38:35 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV

Total:  892  Prefixes = 513  Total Score = 1,100,898

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I screwed up, did not expect this contest to be worth my time with recent poor
conditions. I had to cut the grass Friday, Spring monsoon season here and kept
too busy with other chores too. Then, I had to prepare for carpet cleaners
Saturday (could have been delayed). So, this one was "just for fun"
and for the most part, fun it was! Unfortunately, conditions declined Sunday
around 16Z and picked back up the last 2 hours. So, it was a bit of a struggle
Sunday afternoon, no EU runs other than a very few Q's, had to S&P on 20. 20
was incredible to EU and AS except for morning JA's (may have been good around
11-12Z before I operated) up until Sunday afternoon and 40 was in very good
shape too with the QRN there but could have been much worse. 15 was way above
average Saturday, worked a few big gun EU's in 13Z hour then QRT'ed until past
18Z. Sunday 15 was not as good but western AF and KH6 were both loud in the
afternoon.

For the most part, stations sent their 4 digit serial numbers at decent speeds.
Those who were above 35 WPM or so paid the price with more repeats. A couple of
EU stations just blatantly took away my run frequency on 20, hope they finished
well back in the pack.

There were some really big scores! Congrats to many PVRC'ers for winning their
category like VP5M, KP2M, N3QE, NR4M, and NN3U. Ted, NN3U/N9NB had a fantastic
SOAB LP score, better than I could have done for sure. Congrats also to KS9K and
KI6RRN for very big LP scores, all unassisted! The assisted competition in the
USA was not that high this time, nice to see all of the serious non-assisted
efforts.

You never know for sure what to expect; that bump up from SFI running 68-70 to
74-75 during the contest really made a difference and some sporadic E helped
too.
Thanks for the Q's and glad to help out the serious competitors.

73, Jeff