[3830] SS SSB W5GAD Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 20:59:38 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W5GAD
Operator(s): W5CMM KC5KWZ W4NDF KE5DEU KG5ZFV N5HZ KG5GJT NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: LA

Club: Jefferson ARC

Comments:

Flex 3000, IC-7300, Steppir 3el @ 55ft, 80/40 inverted vee @ 80ft, N1MM+

This was the third year, of recent memory, in getting a group together from the
Jefferson ARC (https://w5gad.org/), a very active but mostly general interest
club, in Metairie near New Orleans, to do Sweepstakes SSB. And it turned out to
be our best year so far with a narrow miss of a sweep as we couldn't connect
with WCF, and a better Q count than in the past.

We started with the Flex but after some initial reports of poor audio we moved
over to the IC-7300 and did much better. It was mostly a S&P operation but
with a few periods of running. One of the good news items was that the op who
made the most Qs is a new tech so we hope Jeff, KG5ZFV, will join us again and
are looking forward to some SSB contests in the future, hopefully with NAQP
coming up early in 2019.

Thanks for the Qs

73/Chuck/NO5W