[3830] SS SSB K5TA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 23:57:36 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5TA
Operator(s): K5TA
Station: K5TA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

Too bad K5TR just missed his 200-hour.  I vaguely remember those high-rate
starts from the old days when I had some gain antennas, although my best ever
was only around 165.  Way to go, George!  I think it really pays to be
(((loud))) at the start, when bedlam rules. Maybe next year….

Best new thing for me was the acquisition of a Wellbrook Rx loop.  Not an
8-circle or a shared-apex, but it transformed 80 meters from basically useless
(neighborhood noise) to decent (good enough to copy VY1AAA calling me, perfectly
Q5), and only 3 feet wide and 8 feet tall.

Nice to hear all the regulars, but really good to see the preponderance of
newbies.  It’s finally getting to the point that my check “66” is in the
“older” category!

TNX for the Qs.

73, Scott K5TA