[3830] SS SSB W1SJ SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 20 00:15:59 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VT

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

Real tough sledding on Saturday. Couldn't get much of a run going on 20m at the
start and had to spend time on 40m to get the Q's. Went to 80m early, and it
wasn't much better. The band went long early and all those many stations in
1-land and 2-land were not heard. I had a nice pipeline into MD, for what it was
worth. At some point in the wee hours, even 80m stopped producing anything and
bedtime came much earlier than usual. The totals after the first day were
horrid. Sunday was better and I kept working the bands to squeeze out the QSO's.
By late afternoon, 20m stopped producing early and I had to jump down to that
disaster area I call 40m. But something special happened - I had a big run -
something I am rarely treated to on this band. The result was that for the first
time I can remember, I made more QSO's on the second day. It took a lot of
grinding to make the QSO's!