[3830] CQ WW RTTY KT7E(@K7ZS) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 1 00:48:18 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS K7PAC KR7X KE7AUB K7SAK KU1CW K7RJB
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

   80:   93       33      6     7
   40:  438       50     27    20
   20:  654       51     58    24
   15:    4        1      2     2
   10:    0        0      0     0
-----------------------------------
Total: 1189      135     93    53  Total Score = 562,000

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A fun 'season opener' for the PDXRCC (Portland Radio Contester Club 'sub-club'
of the WVDXC)

As is our mission statement, getting new hams or hams not familiar with
contesting or certain types of contesting a chance to play in a non-pressurized
environment.

Me met our goal this weekend!

Thanks to Ken K7PAC, Yuki K7SAK and Rick K7RJB for taking the plunge and
operating in their first RTTY contest! Thanks to veteran RTTY contester Hank
KR7X for helping out, as well as our mainstay operator Andy 'The Machine'
KE7AUB, for his long stints and late night operating.  Fun to have Alex KU1CW
stop by for a quick visit, only to stay into the wee hours!

Not all hams operated this weekend: Joe NK7U kept busy by building and
installing the other M2 20m monobander to complete the stack here ... will make
a nice difference in the CQWW SSB in a month.

The score this year was down 20 percent, in spite of a 10 percent increase in
contacts.  Why?  NO 15 METERS!  We had 2% of the Q's on 15 compared to last
year.  Those missing mults really impacted our score.  20 and especially 40m
were both WAY up from last year, but you just can't replace those stateside and
Asia mults from 15m last year..

Sadly, we missed our fellow RTTY fan Joe KT7E, who became a silent key in April
this year.  We now use Joe's callsign in memoriam for a founding member of our
club...  RIP OM.

The station performed well.  IC-7610 radio continues to be fantastic, the Alpha
9500 just kept putting out the power, never winced ...

See you all in SSB ... lets hope 15 isn't a no show again... fingers crossed.

73 Kevin K7ZS for PDXRCC