[3830] CWopsT K6DAJ HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 25 00:06:35 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Oct 25

Call: K6DAJ
Operator(s): K6DAJ
Station: K6DAJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Berkeley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 50 min

Total:  42  Mults = 38  Total Score = 1,596

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

One of the worst CWTs for me... Terrible conditions. Weak signals on both 40 and
80, with few takers for CQ.  Then Murphy attacked. N1MM locked up and I had to
reboot computer. Then, a second time, it got into a state where pressing F1 just
sent "QRL?" over and over, instead of advancing to "CQ".
This coincided with an error about the serial port having disappeared.  Exiting
and restarting the program fixed it. Also discovered that dualing CQs are not
doing band switching as expected... seems to be relying on RF sensing in amp
rather than sending the switching command. This is causing high SWR for first
second or two of CQ. And on top of that, we just found extensive dry rot in my
house!