[3830] CWopsT I7/W6KC LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 24 17:42:01 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Apr 24

Call: I7/W6KC
Operator(s):
Station: I7/W6KC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Matera, Italy
Operating Time (hrs): .75

Total:  15  Mults = 15  Total Score = 225

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This morning we left Sorrento, my I8/W6KC portable QTH and drove about 3 hours
to Matera, my new I7/W6KC QTH.  When our BnB host was showing us our unit, he
took us up to the roof terrace and said we would have access to that area as
well.  My eyes widened and I asked him if I could put up my shortwave antenna
and he said OK.  Also there was an AC power outlet on the roof that he said I
could use.  The 1900 CWT was at 9PM local time, so I started setting up about
7:30PM while there was still enough daylight to see.  Then I found that there
were a few lights on the roof that I could turn on so even better.  I put up my
Alpha FMJ vertical antenna hooked the rig up and made a couple of QSOs on 20M to
check it out.  In the CWT I ended up making 15 QSOs with 11 in EU and 4 in the
US.  I called CQ and even had a mini-pileup making 4 EU QSO in 2 minutes.  My
best EU CWT results so far.

73, Jim I7/W6KC Portable in EU