[3830] CWopsT K6RB(@N5ZO) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 25 11:53:32 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Apr 25

Call: K6RB
Operator(s): K6RB
Station: N5ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  136  Mults = 119  Total Score = 16,184

One more time at N5ZO's great station. Marko has an interesting setup for SO2R
and interleaving QSOs. There are two keyboards - one for each K3 - two paddles -
one for each radio. When monitoring both radios, when you send on, say, the left
radio, the headphones are both listening to the right radio. So, you hear
nothing you are sending and can only tell that something is going out by the
LEDs flashing on a monitor. For me, that was a bit disconcerting because I'm so
used to hearing what I'm sending. As Marko points out, though, the time spent
listening to what you're sending has no value. It is better to be listening,
always, to what's being received. It takes some time to get used to that. Also,
when you are listening to an exchange on radio 1, you should start CQing on
radio 2 so that you are listening in both ears to radio 1. That also takes some
getting used to. I will return to Marko's QTH (less than 8 miles from where I
touched down)to watch him do a CWT session. Perhaps that will shed more light on
the subject. Meanwhile, I am operating from my (temporary) apartment QTH using a
K3 (barefoot) and a YCWA vertical that is blocked to N, NE and NW but has a
great pipeline to Antarctic :-).