[3830] ARRL 160 W6JBR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 16:20:03 EST 2019

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W6JBR
Operator(s): W6JBR
Station: W6JBR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Oceanside, CA USA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:10

Total:  QSOs = 74  Sections = 33  Countries = 6  Total Score = 5,082

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was very pleased with condx on 160 this time out- clear, clean signals, very
low noise, no QSB. I actually heard and worked DX this time: KH6, KL7, VE, XE,
RT0!

I am using a simple 31 foot ground mounted wire vertical fed with a 9-to-1 unun
as an all-band antenna. It is not very efficient on 160m, so I had issues in the
past running barefoot, getting few responses. Now, with a KW, I am getting heard
better. Being space limited on a small lot, it is challenging getting an
efficient antenna for 80 and 160. In the future, I hope to build a 30 foot 160
meter helical vertical, and will see how that works.

Thanks for the Qs. I hope to see you next time.

73,

JR

Station-
Elecraft K3/100