[3830] TBDC K2PO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 30 12:48:23 EST 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon

Total:  QSOs = 277  Total Score = 2,248

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Best topband condx in my ten year history (although that may be due to activity
as much as condx; the A/K indices being 3/0 is great but not a once-a-decade
thing).

In years past, it was notable if I heard any Europeans, due to the tough polar
path from here in the pacific northwest.  (One year I heard 4!)  Working any
European was out of the question, with low power.

But this year I heard 20 (including a few at my sunrise), and managed to work 5.
 My furthest contact this year was a European (US1Q) - another first.

My score probably suffered because I spent lots of time DXing instead of CQing -
trying to find which Europeans had good enough ears to hear my 100 watts and
T-top vertical.  Kudos to US1Q, SK3W and SM5EVR, who seemed to have no
difficulty picking my signal out of the noise.  Many others I called repeatedly
without so much as a "?" in reply.

JA signals and activity seemed down.  I worked 7, vs 14 last year.  And I was
asked for repeats from lots of east coast US stations, while some never heard me
(e.g., I never logged NN7CW in Florida, despite good signals over hours).  So
it wasn't quite 20m-like here.  But this was still one for the record books.

Tnx to all for bringing 160m alive!

73,

/Bill, K2PO
Portland, Oregon