[3830] BC QSO KF6NCX Single OpMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 5 20:38:59 EST 2019

                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2019

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: Chico, CA

   40:   5      0       0        4         0         0
   20:   2      0       0        2         0         0
Total:   7      0       0        6         0         0  Total Score = 168

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Making contacts in this contest was a lot harder than I expected. If radio were
golf, BC is just about a 9-iron shot from Northern California, so contacts
should have been plentiful, I thought. But I didn't hear very many stations
during the times I had free to operate. At one point, the NA sprinters took over
and pretty much filled up the band. (I learned, by reading the rules after the
contest) that certain "unusual" frequencies were suggested for the
time the sprint was going. I should have been aware of that. Also, I neglected
to try SSB, another error of omission. Things picked up for me toward the end of
the contest when I was able to work a few BC stations on 40. All in all it was a
good experience and enjoyable. Thanks for the Qs and 73, Larry, KF6NCX