[3830] BC QSO N8II Single OpMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 5 21:11:36 EST 2019

                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2019

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: West Virginia
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:    0      1               0         1
   40:    9      1               9         1
   20:   22     18              17        14
   15:   10      8               8         6
Total:   41     28      0       34        22         0  Total Score = 12,420

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was a lot more fun with considerably improved activity and slightly better
band conditions than last year. And, it was nice to see 3 serious BC multi-op
stations.
I worked VE7UF on 6 band slots (no 80M) and VE7TI also on 6 slots with one Q on
75M. I probably could have caught more on 80 with more effort.

A few pretty rare FED's called in on 20 phone including a mobile in Victoria
running 9W proving that conditions were indeed excellent. 15 was wide open
Saturday, not as much on Sunday. It was a pity more BC stations were not active
on 15. Two of the BC I worked on 20 and asked to QSY to 15 said they had no 15M
antenna.

Congrats to VA7BEC and ORCA DX for raising the activity level to the point where
a serious effort was warranted. I did take time off Sunday afternoon to go to a
park in VA; the WX was just too nice at 56F after lows near 0F Thursday AM and
snow all day Friday with high of 17F.

Thanks to all of the BC stations for QSO's.

73, Jeff