[3830] CQ160 SSB KU8E Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 12:04:28 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:32

Total:  QSOs = 266  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 17  Total Score = 45,305

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100 , KPA500 , Inverted L with 8 full size elevated radials

I keep asking why I put myself thru this torture every year? Lots of alligators
that can't hear anyone calling them, wide signals splattering all over the place
and it seemed like every time I found a clear frequency to CQ someone would
steal it. Evidently 600 watts to a decent antenna isn't good enough to be heard
very well. If it wasn't for handing out a contact to my friends at PJ4G I
wouldn't have bothered to even get on.

This contest is definitely not like it was when I lived in Ohio. From GA it was
a struggle to make even 200 QSO's. It's embarrassing it took me 11 hours to make
266 contacts. We are at a distinct disadvantage on not being around the high
population areas up north of us. Plus everyone on the east coast has their
receive antennas pointed to Europe. So I'm basically off the side of their
antenna. But I do work lots of stations in Florida ! Maybe when you all move
south when you retire it will improve? Stan, ZF9CW, hit it on the spot when he
commented this isn't a rate fest. BTW Stan there isn't anything wrong with your
antenna. Both ZF2AM and yourself were booming into South Central GA all
weekend.

About the only positive all weekend was working 8 European countries. CU in ARRL
DX SSB.

Jeff KU8E