[3830] NAQP SSB NR4O Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 01:44:17 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC - FM05

   15:    6     3
Total:  671   109  Total Score = 73,139

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC NORTH CAROLINA EAST

Comments:

I believe this was my best NAQP effort yet.  Got off to slow start during the
first hour after a slightly delayed start.  The S&P rate on 20M wasn't very
good and should have picked up more mults.  Found a few stations calling on 15M
to pick up a few mults.  Things started hopping when I got to 40M with decent
rates for me.  Popped down to 80M to pickup the short skip mults.  Then took a
break to have dinner with my wife for about an hour at 2230Z.  Started back on
80M when I came back, but it seemed a little slow.  So, went back to 40M and
found a great spot for just about 2.5 hours racking up over 250 Q's!!!  Some of
my best ever rates.  Back to 80M to pick up mults with a little longer skip and
jumped on 160M for about 30 minutes for mults there.  Rates slowed quite a bit
as it was hard to find a good spot to get a run going. Finished off with nice
run and my last Q was a new mult.  I'd say it was a pretty good effort and
outcome for me. I should have tried to move a couple locals to 10 and 15M for
some ground wave mults. Maybe next time.  Thanks for the all Q's.

73,
Eric
FTdx3000/FT-991
160M Inv-L, 80/40M Dipoles, 20/15M Loops