[3830] TBDC VE3CV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 16 06:17:02 EDT 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3:55

Total:  QSOs = 50  Total Score = 160

I spent Friday redoing my East and West 200ft BOGs for some RX antennas.  Wind
generator noise and thunderstorms won the day in this one. Bummer.  Best DX was
KV4FZ and NP2J, as usual.  No other Caribbean or SA or EU or PAC DX heard.  Got
up at 0845Z to call CQ and saw the wind generators standing still..all except
the one my west BOG has to face!  Bummer again. Still I could not pull out any
callers through the thunderstorm in Ohio and Indiana.  Sorry for those who
tried.  N7GP had a big signal from AZ at sunrise...thanks for my only western
QSO. No W5s heard at all.
Still, had some fun in the Summer Stew.  Thanks for the Qs to those who braved
the QRN.
73 Jeff VE3CV

K3 at 100W with Diversity RX
80m inverted V doublet used as top-loaded vertical at 50ft apex, plus 14
radials.
N1MM+