[3830] ARRL FD W0FD 1A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 30 13:07:47 EDT 2019

                    ARRL Field Day - 2019

Call: W0FD
Operator(s): W0FD K0EU W0CO
Station: W0FD

Class: 1A LP
QTH: CO

   40:   435     5
   20:   579   187
    6:          33
    2:           1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1243   226      0  Total Score = 6,694

Score includes 1270 Bonus Points.

Only three participants this year, so we scaled back our antenna system effort.
Two dipole antenna systems, a tri-band yagi and a 6m yagi.

I think we raised being crazy to a new level.  Friday was a beautiful alpine
summer day for setting up, but the weather Saturday and Sunday for operating was
miserable.  It snowed/rained Saturday and operation was shutdown several times
to prevent equipment damage due to snow static on the dipole antennas. The
temperature most of Saturday evening and early Sunday morning was below
freezing, with Sunday morning's low temperature at 25°F.  Our operating
positions were not heated and trying to log QSOs while in a sleep bag and gloves
presented a challenge.

Band conditions did not seem as good as last year.  40m was better, 80m was
noisy again, 15m, 10m & 6m were not as good.  QSO count was down 360
contacts from last year.

Last year we tried FT8 on 6m and was disappointed.  This year we didn't bring
the hardware and it was a mistake.  We heard significant FT8 activity on 6m and
worked none of it.

It