[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6JBR SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 3 20:03:44 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W6JBR
Operator(s): W6JBR
Station: W6JBR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: Oceanside, CA USA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:25

   80:    9     6
   15:    7     4
Total:  132    65  Total Score = 25,740

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were not so great this time, but at least my noise floor has been
very low, so I could hear the weak ones, which were many. No 10m, little on 15m,
no EU heard here. Running 1KW was very helpful, but did not make up for poor
performance on 80m of the 31 foot wire vertical I have been using as my primary
antenna. I definitely need to get something more efficient up for 80 & 160.

I ran assisted, which I have not done too often, and was surprised by many
errors in spotted calls... why would anyone spot a station when they could not
be sure of the call? Or, maybe these are typos? Anyway, I always verify the
call.

TNX for the Qs. Hope to work you next time.

73, JR

FT-1000MP MK V
ACOM 1000
MB-V-A