[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1UR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 3 20:03:47 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: VT

   20: 1391   106
   15:   58    21
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2166   314  Total Score = 2,001,352

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Okay, so I enjoyed it but those were the worst conditions that I can ever
remember for a contest.  40M essentially not opening either day at EU sunrise.
I called for 1 hour on EU sunrise Sun on 80M and had 2 Qs.  Amazing.  Zippo on
10M.  Not only no EU on 15M but no CU. CT3, EA8, CN either nothing!  Just SA and
select Carib.  15 is the new 10...ouch!  Yet, I had the highest ever mult totals
on 80 and 160M.  I think because the rates were so slow I could dig longer on
the 2nd radio or gave up and swept the bands more.  20M was fun but I don't ever
recall it opening so late - both days.  Very little JA and not strong.

Funny 80M story, Friday night I am getting yelled at with the usual treatment
from the "this is our frequency crowd". They are yelling at me that
they were there already and to get off the freq.  Even though I ALWAYS ask like
4 times before firing up on 80M north of 3800 because you know whats coming....
SO then Saturday, I got on 80M early to catch it before the absorption set it
(about 30 mins before sunset - with some limited success. I was first on the
frequencies up there by doing that.  So about 45 mins in I have the same crowd
telling me to get off of their frequency.  I said really?  Aren't you the same
crowd that was telling me yesterday that you were there first?  Well guess what
folks, find another frequency, I am here first today....  You can never win with
this "its our clubhouse frequency" crowd.

See you all for WPX as AC1U.

Ed  N1UR