[3830] CQWW CW K3EW SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 25 21:44:53 EST 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K3EW
Operator(s): K3EW
Station: K3EW

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: MDC

   80:   42    12       28
   40:   50    14       33
   20:   39    15       27
   15:   25    11       21

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This one really falls within watchword- What next?

My 74th Birthday Dinner 11/22,  SO Only operated 11PM -2AM EST  Not high rate
time
11/23/ Wife became more ill, only operated 1130-4PM EST  Better rate time - 15
hot, 20 ok
Birthday dinner with Son's family early Sat eve- returned to air Sat night
10-1AM
THEN- WIFE GOT WORSE FROM AFIB AND I BROUGHT HER INTO WALTER REED FOR TREATMENT.
Did not sleep at all Sunday early morning; spent overnight in ER and admitting
XYL into hospital.
I missed the CQWW SSB battling a sinus infection, so my wife got sick during
this one. Can't win

This contest (especially SSB section) is really no place for a low power, wire
antenna equipped unassisted station.

HAPPY TO REPORT THAT XYL IS FEELING MUCH BETTER AND BACK IN NORMAL SINUS HEART
RHYTHM WITH NEW DRUG BEING ADMINISTERED. ( Oh yeah, by the way ON Friday she
cracked an old root canal and capped tooth and had to have that extracted on
11/25 at Walter Reed..  She's had enough- only good things from now on)

With help from Dennis N8IVN, took Al80A amp out of box for first time on 11/24
evening since 1998. It's going back into the radio station. enough of this LP
stuff, except of course for NAQP

Nice propagation even if this is beginning of a significant minima. (3B8 and FR4
sat afternoon on 15) I will be putting up a 160 meter antenna with help from Jim
W3NRJ shortly.  PVRC members put up some awesome scores indeed.

73 to all Phil