[3830] WAE SSB VA2EW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 16 20:23:41 EDT 2019

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VA2EW
Station: VA2EW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: QC
Operating Time (hrs): 36H00

   80:   15     0    48
   40:  186   184   111
   20:  529   564    94
   15:   49    32    34
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  781   780   287  Total Score = 448,007

Terrible conditions especially in LP. The perfect cocktail of low SSN, high K,
high QRN and locally some long periods of main power line arcing.
Sometimes 20mn of CQ without any answer and suddenly 10 to 20 QSO's in a raw.
I had so much periods of nothing that Wintest says 30 hours of activity when
actually I did my 36 hours...
The positive side of such low rates is that I had the time to be very polite
with most of my CQ answers:good evening, then tks for the call then see you
later ect...
The 80m was out of question for me both nights.
The 15m surprisingly opened a bit Saturday with some short on/off signal
enhancements.
Thanks for the calls and sometimes for the patience in repeats.
73, Gilles