[3830] CQ WW RTTY NR4O SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 29 21:11:42 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NC - FM05

   80:  217       40      11    11
   40:  425       49      37    15
   20:  325       42      52    17
   15:   52       10      12     9
   10:    2        1       2     2
------------------------------------
Total: 1021      142     114    54  Total Score = 496,000

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well not sure how to characterize this one.  There were good times and bad
times.  I averted a minor disaster with the practice session Thursday evening
that exposed a high SWR only at high power on the 80M dipole. Some ants crawled
in the weep hole of the balun and nested.  They got toasted but created a high
impedance short across the SO239 connector when they got cooked.  That got fixed
a couple hours before the contest start.  Contest started a bit slow due to some
odd computer networking problems that required a reboot.  Things ran smoothly
after that with the exception of the FlexRadio DAX software that needed to be
closed and restarted a couple times an hour.  Still I managed my best QSO and
point total for this contest.  I really like my new Flex6600 receivers despite
the DAX software issue.  Way better sensitivity and adjacent signal rejection
than my Yaesu FTdx3000.  I had the usual challenges on 20M working Europe with
my simple wires.  I can hear them better than they can hear me.  Conditions were
a mixed bag for me. EU seemed weak on Saturday and better on Sunday.  Slept
longer than planned Saturday morning and missed the sunrise opportunities.  Got
surprised by a VK responding to my CQ's on 80M early Sunday morning while I was
working a string of local east coast stations while sipping my wake up coffee.
40M was the usual workhorse band for me as far as Q's. Most of my 15M Q's were
Saturday with maybe 3 or 4 on Sunday.  Most signals were very weak and fading in
and out very fast on Sunday. Worked one local on 10M and found TI2OY the other
lonely signal on the band.  It was nice to work a few of the local club members
including Bert/N4CW on multiple bands, Nate/N4YDU and Dan/N3ND. Thanks for the
Q's.  Overall enjoyed this contest and hope to see better propagation in the
coming years.

Eric - NR4O
Flex6600 w/SPE 1.3K & TL-922
80/40M Dipoles + 20/15/10M Loops